Sunday, June 28, 2009

Through the Eyes of a Four-Year-Old











My four-year-old daughter and I were sitting down to play some online games together at pbskids.org when I roped her into a quick interview on what she thought was beautiful. She was game, so here's the result. (Her name is Sophia.)

Me: What do you think is beautiful? What's the most beautiful thing in the world?

Sophia: The Cinderella dress I have for my dolls. It is the most beautifulest.

M: What makes you happy?

S: When mommy plays with me.

M: Why does that make you happy?

S: Because she plays fun things with me.

M: What makes you sad?

S: Nothing!

M: What would be the best/funnest thing to do in your life?

S: To give mommy a flower.

M: Why would that be such a fun/good thing to do.

S: Because she loves me and I like giving her flowers.

M: What do you hope to be when you grow up?

S: A soccer ball player.

M: Why?

S: Because I'm so good at it.

M: Any other things you like about life or think are beautiful?

S: No ... Well Elisabeth is my best friend, but she lives in a different city than we do? [We just met Elisabeth last week during a week-long day school. Sadly she was only visiting.]

M: What made you think about her?

S: Because she's my best friend and I'm always thinking about her. [I should have asked her why!]

M: So that's all you have to say?

S: Yeah. Now can we play a game?

M. Yeah.

S: Can I show you the game I want?

M: Yeah.

S: I want to play a Caillou game.

For what it's worth!

No comments: